While obesity continues to enjoy spotlight in the public healthcare system, being underweight is sadly not much of a concern for many. The apathy has roots in the popular perception that celebrates a lean figures and frowns at bulky, beefy bodies. With everyone striving hard to shed those extra kilos, the distinction between slender figures and underweight bodies has blurred, leading to an influx of below-normal-weight population. Contrary to the popular perception, being underweight is as much a health hazard as being overweight. In fact, studies unravel that the risk of fatality runs deeper with excessively thin people compared to the overweight ones.
How big an issue is being underweight?
Excessively thin individuals are vulnerable to several physical and mental conditions, forcing them to look for the best medicine for weight gain.
- Nutritional deficiencies: Below normal weight people lack fats that are otherwise essential for absorption of certain vitamins and minerals. In lack of fats, the body cannot make the most of vitamin D, which, in turn, deters the absorption of calcium leading to osteoporosis. Likewise, the insufficiency of vitamin E cause untimely hair loss and skin deformities, while lack of Vitamin K renders the blood with inability to clot.
- Stunted growth: Fats are essentially an energy reserve to meet the growth and development needs of the body. Underweight individuals are devoid of the reserve and hence, their growth is impacted severely. The impact is more pronounced on growing kids whose nutritional requirements are more vis-à-vis the grownups.
- Struggling immunity: Nutrition and immunity are interlinked. Malnourishment, which is common among below-normal weighing people, disallows the formation of white blood cells that are the body’s first line of defense against pathogens.
- Fertility issues: Excessively thin women not only find it hard to conceive but their mortality rate is also higher during child birth.
- Weakness: An underweight person having a constant feeling of dizziness and weakness is also a commonplace, thanks to the insufficiency of fats, folates and minerals like iron.
To steer clear of the adversities of low body weight, prefer an Ayurvedic medicine for weight gain for its safety ad effectiveness. Ayurvedic Expert has come up with an Ayurvedic weight gainer guaranteed to help you put on the desired weight in a swift, safe and natural way.