Are you worried about the various side effects of nightfall that have started to show up in your body? Don’t worry, this article tells you about 12 side effects of nightfall that are very commonly seen and along with that I will tell you how to get over them easily.
All guys out there might be well familiar with this. Even for once in your life, you might have had nightfall or a wet dream, haven’t you? Now, frankly speaking, it is common for men to have a wet dream and it happens more in young adolescence.
As per experts, it’s completely normal and physiological to have a wet dream, but sometimes these come more often and start creating problems. Are you among many men who are troubled with nightfalls?
Get to know all about this physiological phenomenon and the side effects of nightfall in this article. Read on!
Nightfall, also known physiologically as a nocturnal emission and colloquially as wet dream, sex dream, or sleep orgasm, is an involuntary orgasm that occurs during sleep and involves ejaculation for men and vaginal wetness or an orgasm (or both) for females.
When a boy enters adolescence, his body undergoes several changes. One of the most noticeable changes is the development of sex organs and hormonal changes in the body. A young boy begins to masturbate and has sexual fantasies as a result of hormonal changes in his body.
He may have involuntary ejaculation as a result of his dreams and masturbation. This is how it begins. As the young boy matures into a man, this can continue to occur abnormally and result in an array of side effects of nightfall.
Abnormally frequent nocturnal emissions are caused by an excess of seminal fluid or its thinner consistency, avoiding sexual acts for an extended period of time, a weakening of the seminal vesicle or its spasm, the use of semen-producing diets, or kidney weakness.
There are several causes for getting a wet dream and those are listed below. Most of the time, nocturnal emissions are harmless and do not possess any health threat. But, as said earlier, sometimes you might have frequent wet dreams, and that’s when the trouble begins.
- It is most often caused by a prolonged absence or decreased sexual activity. Because sperms are constantly generated after puberty, the extra sperm collected within the testes is expelled after nightfall. An increased quantity of semen in the body may also cause premature ejaculation and semen leakage.
- Muscle and nerve weakness in the pelvic region can also cause abnormal wet dreams.
- Improper ejaculation while sexual activity owing to weakened genital nerves may result in semen buildup, which may be expelled at nightfall.
- Too much sexually explicit media, pornography, or sex conversation can trigger darkness in young boys and men.
- Getting ready for bed with a full bladder at night time. An over distended bladder may result in painful nightfall.
- Congestion/inflammation of the prostate gland is also known as prostatitis.
- Too much stimulation of the genitals while sleeping by rubbing against bed clothes or sheets may result in erection and involuntary ejaculation. Tight underwear might also cause friction and result in genital stimulation.
- Consumption of some tranquilizers, sedatives, antidepressants, and some blood pressure medications can cause frequent nightfalls.
- Anxiety and stress might lead to wet dreams.
- Taking supplemental sex hormone (testosterone) that boosts up the production of sperms in the body will cause nightfall if the person is sexually inactive or doesn’t masturbate regularly.
This is a normal and acceptable condition unless it is accompanied by additional side effects of nightfall such as:
- It can also induce dizziness, knee soreness, and fatigue.
- Prostate gland inflammation – Prostatitis is an inflammation and swelling of the prostate gland, a walnut-sized gland located directly beneath the bladder in men. The prostate gland secretes a fluid (semen) that transports and nourishes the sperm. Prostatitis typically causes painful or difficult urinating.
- A burning feeling that occurs during or after the discharge of urine. This may be caused due to the minor inflammation in the urethra or may be due to above mentioned prostatitis.
- It can also lead to memory issues and impaired vision/sight. It might also lead to a drop in academic performance.
- Nightfall can cause side effects like ejaculation that occurs early or prematurely. This is predominantly observed in individuals who are sexually inactive. Let me tell you, in men, spermatogenesis i.e the production of sperms occurs 24/7 and when the individual is sexually inactive, the sperm thus produced is forcibly expelled during nightfall. Also, due to excessive sperm stored in the vesicles, even the slightest stimulation to the genitals will result in ejaculation, thus causing early ejaculation.
- Many a time, nightfall does not happen as a complete ejaculation but occurs as involuntary sperm leaks in underwear. Even though it can be a bit uncomfortable and messy, this is not a serious side effect.
- If you experience frequent nightfall and semen leakage it can lead to sleep deprivation due to the mess it creates and the associated pain. It can also cause frequent sexually explicit dreams. This is mainly seen in adolescence going through the blast of testosterone and people who are going through a period of abstinence.
- Frequent nocturnal emission can cause an inability to concentrate and focus. This might be due to the restlessness, fatigue, and emotional disturbances caused by it. In some individuals, frequent nightfalls may evoke feelings of guilt and embarrassment.
- Leg pain, back pain, and cramping can also be caused due to frequent nightfalls. The ejaculatory cramping can be due to the inflammation of the prostate gland which in turn is another side effect of nightfall.
- Constant discomfort and pain can be associated with nocturnal emission if the ejaculation is combined with an over distended bladder during the night. The pain may also be due to the pressure exerted by the semen on the urethral lining.
- In some individuals, wet dreams can cause increased horniness, enhanced sexual desire, and cravings that can lead to porn addiction. This is mostly seen in sexually inactive individuals.
- Retrograde ejaculation – This occurs when, during the climax, semen enters the bladder rather than escaping from the penis. This is referred to as a dry orgasm. Even if you attain sexual climax, you may ejaculate with very little or no sperm. Although retrograde ejaculation is not dangerous, it might result in male infertility. In most cases, treatment for retrograde ejaculation is only required to restore fertility.
- Nightfall can also cause a skunky smell while urinating which can be due to the retrograde ejaculation causing semen in the bladder, altering the pH of the urine resulting in a foul smell.
- It may result in a decline in sperm count and the inability to have children. In extreme situations, it may impair sexual performance.
- Dhat syndrome – Dhat syndrome is a commonly understood clinical disease typically encountered on the Indian subcontinent that is marked by a preoccupation with semen loss in urine and other symptoms such as exhaustion or depressed mood. It can be a possible side effect of nightfall. Although it has been thought to be a culturally specific condition, it might also be viewed as a separate expression of depression or another medical ailment.
Wet dreams are a natural aspect of adolescence, although not every adolescent guy gets them. It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of them or none at all; it doesn’t signify anything is wrong with you. It’s only a problem when you experience the above-mentioned side effects of nightfall.
Some men experience wet dreams many times each week. Others may only experience a few wet dreams in their entire lives. As in generals, the frequency of nightfall is more in young boys than in adult men. Some study suggests that sleeping on your stomach may increase your chances of having sexual dreams.
Some Facts About Nightfalls?
Women are capable of having nightfalls.
Many people equate nightfalls with men, or more especially, adolescent boys, however, wet dreams may occur in women as well. A female wet dream may result in orgasm as well as increased vaginal secretions as a result of the stimulation. Men are more likely to have wet dreams since they normally have numerous erections every night.
Wet dreams do not affect sperm count.
Some folks think that a man’s sperm count will be reduced if he has nightfalls. Wet dreams, on the other hand, are a means for the testicles to expel older sperm and aid in the normal creation of new, healthier sperm in the body.
Masturbation is unlikely to prevent nightfalls
While masturbation may lessen the number of nightfalls a person has, it does not ensure that they will never have them. Although there is no evidence relating masturbation with wet dreams, a person might experiment to see if it helps them in their condition.
To check if there is a change in the frequency of nightfalls, try masturbating before bed for a week or more, followed by the same period without masturbating.
Nightfalls are not an indication of disease.
It is a common misconception that wet dreams are caused by an underlying ailment or medical issue. In reality, the inverse is true. Normal wet dreams are common and might be an indication of good sexual functioning.
Wet dreams do not affect a person’s immunity
Several people think that having wet dreams might reduce a person’s immunity to things like a cold or illness. This is a popular misconception with no basis in reality. Wet dreams, on the other hand, can assist eliminate surplus sperm in the testicles, which is a normal function of a male’s reproductive system.
Wet dreams aren’t always erotic
Wet dreams are frequently linked to sexual or erotic fantasies. This, however, is not always the case. A person might have a wet dream without thinking about sexual activity and become aroused as a result of friction with the bedding or other circumstances.
Wet dreams are only experienced throughout puberty
Wet dreams are more prevalent during puberty owing to hormonal changes, although they can occur at any age. Wet dreams are increasingly common throughout puberty owing to hormonal changes. Adults have considerably more stable hormone levels, making it less probable that they will experience a wet dream.
Wet dreams may also be more common throughout adolescence because younger males may not be masturbating or having intercourse as regularly as older guys, thus older sperm is discharged during sleep instead.
Wet dreams will not cause a penis to shrink.
Some individuals believe that having nightfalls shrinks the size of a person’s penis. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. There are no illnesses, ailments, or natural events that will cause the male reproductive organ to stop functioning and shrink.
Some people have never had nightfalls
Both men and women have nightfalls regularly. They are uncontrollable and unstoppable, and no one should be ashamed to have them. Individuals differ in how frequently they have wet dreams. Individuals may have – No wet dreams at all, simply a few scattered wet dreams during puberty, several, frequent wet dreams during youth but no regular or intermittent wet dreams all through life
As stated previously in this article, it is quite normal for a man or woman to have a single or numerous occurrences of nightfall. There are no physical consequences that can be ascribed to nightfall that can be proven scientifically.
However, if having nocturnal emissions causes you mental discomfort, and you have no idea about how to stop nightfall, we recommend speaking with your doctor about it. A thorough conversation with your healthcare professional, as well as relevant counseling, should greatly assist you in overcoming such stigma.
Before you stress, you should first try to change your way of life. Meditation, Yoga, and exercise are effective methods for controlling nightfalls. Apart from these, there are several ayurvedic herbs and treatments that can effectively combat nightfall.
That’s it friends, hope you have understood everything about the side effects of nightfall. If you have any doubts? Comment down!